Playing college soccer in the US is a great way of playing soccer at a high level, but at the same time getting a university degree. Using your talents to pay for your education.
An athletics, or in this case soccer, scholarship is a financial reward given to a student who a coach would like to come study and play for their university/college. Scholarships can vary depending on the students academic and athletic achievements and abilities.
To keep it simple, a scholarship is somewhat like a professional contract in the professional game. They offer you a certain amount of financial rewards, which isn't straight cash, but it is used to pay for tuition, books, housing, etc. They do this because they want you playing for them. In many cases you will get many offers and you choose the most suitable for you.
Depending on your academic and athletic abilities, the amount you receive can vary. Some players can get a 'full ride' which means 100% of their tuition, housing, books, food, etc is taken care of by the university, however, some players may only get a 50% scholarship. So this needs to be taken into account.
- Come to an assessment day near you.
- Be invited to join our service.
- If you live in the north of England, you are able to join our U21 team that plays in the WRCFA U21 League. Or in the south you can play friendlies for our south U21 team.
- We put together a video profile of you from various filming opportunities that we use to market you.
- We help guide you through all the paperwork/exams/etc that are needed.
- We market you to the suitable universities/colleges.
- You get scholarship offers.
- You choose the right institute for you.
- You move out to the states.
Now onto the fun stuff about playing and studying in the USA;
- You will have the time of your life
- You get to train nearly every day in a professional environment with top class facilities.
- You get to gain an education and in a lot of cases come out with no debt or any need to pay tuition throughout your stay.
- You get to meet lots of new friends from all over the world. Some of these will be friends for life.
- There is the chance that you could turn pro after college in the MLS Draft or come back to your homeland in top shape and tryout for professional teams there.
Some of the players who went through the college system who you may recognise are;
- Clint Dempsey
- Stuart Holden
- Carlos Bocanegra
- Shaka Hislop
- David Weir
- Mia Hamm
- Maurice Edu
There are a few British and Irish players currently playing in the MLS after going through the college system. These include;
- Dom Dwyer (FC Sporting Kansas)
- Steve Zakuani (Seattle Sounders)
- Jason Grifftiths (New England Revolution)
- Korede Aiyegbusi (Sporting Kansas City)
- Ryan Smith (Chivas USA)
AN EXAMPLE OF A SOCCER PROMOTIONAL VIDEO THAT WE CREATE FOR OUR CLIENTS
Take a look at our full information brochure regarding the scholarship opportunities on offer, how we operate, and the costs involved.
Click the brochure to see full screen.
HERE'S WHAT OUR CURRENT AND PAST CLIENTS SAY ABOUT WHY THEY CHOSE US