Competing at a US college on a swimming schoolarship not only gives you the high level training you need to carry on improving but at the same time you will be getting a university degree. Therefore using your talents to pay for your education.
An athletics, or in this case, swimming scholarship, is a financial reward given to a student who a coach would like to come study and compete for their university/college. Scholarships can vary depending on the students academic and athletic achievements and abilities.
To keep it simple, a scholarship is somewhat like a professional contract. They offer you a certain amount of financial rewards, which isn't straight cash, but it is used to pay for tuition, books, housing, etc. They do this because they want you competing for them. In many cases you will get many offers and you choose the most suitable for you.
Depending on your academic and athletic abilities, the amount you receive can vary. Some players can get a 'full ride' which means 100% of their tuition, housing, books, food, etc is taken care of by the university, however, some players may only get a 50% scholarship. The typical amount that an athlete studying an competing in the USA will have to contribute can be anywhere between $6k-$10k over the year. So this needs to be taken into account. But this obviously all depends on your sporting and academic ability.
- A member of staff will contact you.
- Be invited to join our service.
- We will put together a video profile of you from various competitions and events to market you.
- We help guide you through all the paperwork/exams/etc that are needed.
- We market you to the suitable universities/colleges.
- You get scholarship offers.
- You choose the right institute for you.
- You move out to the states.
Now onto the fun stuff about competing and studying in the USA;
- You will have the time of your life
- You get to train nearly every day in a professional environment with top class facilities.
- You get to gain an education and in a lot of cases come out with no debt or any need to pay tuition throughout your stay.
- You get to meet lots of new friends from all over the world. Some of these will be friends for life.
Some of the top swimmers who went through the college system who you may recognise are;
Steve Parry Olympic Bronze, Commonwealth Silver and Bronze, NCAA Champion. Stephanie Proud Olympian
David Wilkie Olympic and Commonwealth GOLD medallist
Andy Jameson Olympic Bronze and Commonwealth GOLD medallist
Adam Brown Commonwealth Relay Multi Medallist
Danielle Wallace Commonwealth GOLD Medallist
HERE'S WHAT OUR CURRENT AND PAST CLIENTS SAY ABOUT WHY THEY CHOSE US
Here is a link to a podcast including some Steve Parry ‘ I Love the NCAA’ style chat http://www.pullbuoy.co.uk/podcast/podcast-ncaas-and-commonwealth-trials